HOW TO BE SAVED
By Dr. Roland Garlick
ONE DAY YOU MUST DIE
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27
May I ask you a question? If you were to die right now are you 100% sure you would go to heaven?
_____YES _____NO _____NOT SURE
If you would like to know for sure that you are going to heaven, you must know:
- WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?
GOD LOVES YOU BUT …
THE BIBLE SAYS:
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
WE ARE ALL SINNERS
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: . . . .they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
WE HAVE BROKEN GOD’S LAW AND ARE GUILTY BEFORE GOD.
According to the Bible, am I a sinner? _____Yes _____No
Are you a sinner? _____Yes _____No
Is everyone a sinner? _____Yes _____No
- WHAT IS THE RESULT OF SIN?
"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:2
"For the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23
YOUR SINS HAVE SEPARATED YOU FROM GOD.
- The wages of sin is death.
- In the Bible, there are two kinds of death: physical death and spiritual death.
- Physical death is the separation of the soul from the body.
- Spiritual death is the separation of the person from God.
- You are now separated from God by your sin.
- If a person dies separate from God by his sin, he must spend eternity separated from God because the wages of sin is death.
According to the Bible, if you were to die right now in your present condition with your sin, could you go to heaven? _____Yes _____No
- WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY IF YOU DIE SEPARATED FROM GOD?
Christ told us of a man that died not saved
"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments." Luke 16:23
Also the Bible says:
"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
…IN HELL FOREVER
The Bible says:
"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."
If you die and go to hell, according to the Bible, will you be there forever?
- HOW CAN YOU KEEP FROM GOING TO HELL?
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
Jesus Christ is THE WAY
The way to escape hell and go to heaven is not the church, nor baptism, nor good works, but it is only Jesus Christ.
ONLY BY JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU GO TO HEAVEN.
"But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
- God has a gift for you.
- This gift is eternal life.
- Eternal life means forgiveness of sin, communion with God, and going to live with God after death.
- Eternal life and salvation are only in Christ.
According to the Bible, is Jesus Christ the only way to heaven? _____Yes ____No
- WHO IS JESUS CHRIST?
The Bible teaches us that Jesus Christ is "God with us." Remember the Christmas story:
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they
shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
God the Father called Jesus Christ "God."
"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." Hebrews 1:8
JESUS CHRIST IS
IN THE FLESH
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God?
- WHY IS SALVATION ONLY IN CHRIST?
Christ is the One Who died for you on the cross.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Romans 5:8-9
What did Christ do for you? He died for you.
What kind of people did He die for? Sinners.
You are justified by what? His blood.
You are saved from wrath through Whom? "Him" Jesus Christ.
CHRIST DIED FOR YOU
Nearly 2,000 years ago, Christ was nailed to a cross. By a miracle, God took all of your sin and placed it in the body of Christ and Christ died for you. He suffered your hell for you. God punished Him for you. Christ paid 100% for your sin by His blood. He was buried and rose again the third day. For this reason, salvation is only in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Can the church (Catholic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Baptist, etc.) save you?
Can baptism save you? _____Yes _____No
Can good works save you? _____Yes _____No
Is Jesus Christ the only way to be saved? _____Yes _____No
- WILL ALL GO TO HEAVEN?
Christ died for all, but all will not go to heaven.
Do you know why?
"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." John 1:12
THOUGH HE DIED FOR ALL,
YOU MUST …
- UNDERSTAND that salvation is only in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- BELIEVE that Christ died for your sins. He wants to save you.
- REPENT of sin.
- RECEIVE Christ into your heart as your personal Saviour.
Do you believe that Christ died for you and can and will save you? _____Yes _____No
- WILL YOU BE SAVED?
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:" if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20
Christ is here and He wants to come into your heart and forgive your sins. He cannot come in until you invite Him. For example, if I were at the door of your house knocking and wanting to come in, I could not come in without your invitation. Neither can Christ save you and give you eternal life until you are willing to turn from sin and invite Him into your heart as your Saviour.
ONLY IF YOU PERSONALLY RECEIVE THE LORD.
When you know this, you must make a decision either to follow sin or to receive Him. The choice is between Christ and sin.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH CHRIST?
_____ Receive Him now into your heart as your Lord and Saviour and have eternal life in Heaven.
_____ Reject Him now and continue on your road to HELL.
I will explain to you how to receive Christ.
- HOW DO YOU RECEIVE CHRIST?
Christ is here in the Person of the Holy Spirit. Christ wants to enter your heart. He wants to forgive you and save you from Hell. He wants to be your Saviour. BUT, YOU MUST INVITE HIM. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
You must talk to Him and tell Him your desire. Before you pray, let me ask you:
1. Do you admit you are a sinner? _____Yes _____No
- Do you understand that if you died right now you would go to Hell?
- Do you believe that Jesus is God and He alone can save you?
- Will you turn from sin and trust Jesus Christ right now to save you?
YOU PRAY TO RECEIVE THE LORD
RIGHT NOW, if you sincerely want to repent of your sins and be forgiven, if you sincerely want to receive Christ, pray and tell Him your desire.
If you do not know how to pray, pray the following prayer with all sincerity from your heart.
God. I know I am a sinner, but I believe Christ died for me and can and will save me. I right now turn from my sin to You and invite Christ into my heart. Please forgive me my sins and save me. Thank You for doing it. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
10 DID YOU PRAY?
TO WHOM DID YOU PRAY?
WHAT DID YOU ASK HIM?
If you cannot answer these questions, please reread this little booklet.
"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
1 John 5:11-12
According to the Bible, there are two groups of people in the world:
- Those who do not have Christ, and
- Those who have Christ.
Those who have Christ have eternal life. Those who do not have Christ do not have eternal life.
Which of these two groups are you in now?
_____ Those who have Christ
_____ Those who do not have Christ
If you have received the Lord, what do you have? Eternal life.
A TRUE CHILD OF GOD
"But as many as receive Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." John 1:12
ONLY THOSE WHO RECEIVE THE LORD ARE TRUE CHILDREN OF GOD.
When a child disobeys, he is still a child, but the fellowship is broken – and one of two things must happen:
- The child confesses his wrong to the father, or
- The father must discipline the child.
CHRIST WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR HEART (Find in your Bible Hebrews 13:5).
You will sometimes sin and disobey God after you have received Christ. You are still a child of God and are still going to heaven,
One of two things must happen:
- You must go directly to God and confess your sins to Him.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9
- If you don’t confess your sins, then God must discipline you because He loves you.
(Study Hebrews 12:5-11.)
AFTER YOU ARE SAVED BY RECEIVING CHRIST, YOU SHOULD:
- Read the Bible every day. Read one chapter a day and start in the book of Saint John.
Also, look up the Scriptures used in this book and underline them in your Bible.
- Pray each day to God. He is now your Father and wants to meet your every need. You only need to ask Him.
- Come to church THIS SUNDAY. At the end of the service, go forward and let the preacher tell the people you have trusted Christ.
IS BAPTISM FOR ME?
- "If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest." Acts 8:37
- "Then they that gladly received His word were baptized." Acts 2:41
- "Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved and thy house’ And they spake unto Him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house…he took them the same hour of the night, and washed away their stripes and was baptized, he and all his, straightway." Acts 16:30-33
CONCLUSION: Baptism is for believers only.
WHY SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED?
- 1. COMMANDED BY CHRIST: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 28:19-20
- 2. CHRIST OUR EXAMPLE: "Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of Him." Matthew 3:13
- 3. BELIEVER SHOWS OBEDIENCE: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized." Acts 2:41
CONCLUSION: We are baptized to obey the command of Jesus Christ.
HOW SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED?
Baptism by immersion pictures our position with Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection.
- BAPTISM IS WITH WATER
- "John answered them saying, I baptize with water." John 1:26
- BAPTISM IS BY IMMERSION (UNDER THE WATER)
- "Jesus was baptized by John in Jordan." Mark 1:9
- "And straightway coming up out of the water." Mark 1:10
- "They both went down into the water." Acts 8:38
CONCLUSION: Only baptism by immersion pictures the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
WHEN SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED?
- "When they believed they were baptized." Acts 8:12
- "And the eunuch said, ‘See, here is water: what doth hinder me to be baptized?’ And Philip said, ‘If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest.’" Acts 8:36-37
- "Then they that gladly received His word were baptized:…and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." Acts 2:41
- See also Acts 16:25-33
CONCLUSION: Baptism follows Salvation, immediately, if possible.
WHAT IF I REFUSE TO BE BAPTIZED?
- DISOBEDIENCE: "…to Him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not to Him it is sin."
- LOSS OF TESTIMONY: "If ye continue in My word, then are ye my disciples indeed."
- LOSS OF FELLOWSHIP: "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."
Today, ____________________________________, _________________day, 20_____, I repent of my sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour. I trust Him to forgive my sins and take me to Heaven.
CITY STATE ZIP
Copies of tract may be ordered from:
Contact Person: Dan Garlick
"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to TRIUMPH in Christ..." II Corinthians 1:14